Sunday, March 10, 2019

Captain Marvel is a hit, the world is beyond saving, and I'm hanging up my shingle.



Captain Marvel is a hit. I didn't want it to happen, even though I suspected it might happen. I even underestimated its box office take. The implications are saddening. Yes, it's just a shitty movie, but it's an example of a bigger problem. The public is slowly just taking in SJW trash more and more, moderating their speech not to offend them and accepting the propaganda as new tropes. And politics is downstream from culture. The left is already attacking people physically and pushing them off the internet and getting them fired. It is only going to get worse as more people are indoctrinated into their crazy and unhappy worldview.

It isn't much of a surprise that conservatives lost and lost utterly. Conservatives never really fought the culture war, preferring to chuckle at insane but earnest left wingers as they pushed discourse leftward. So here we are.

What is to be done? Politically, I don't even want to think about how bad things are going to get soon. I'd rather not touch on that here. Culturally, the only option we have is to accept the fact that traditional values are unpopular with the modern average denizen of America and most of Europe, and if such things are to survive they must become an alternative culture.

So I'm going to focus less on pop or mainstream culture, or attempt to. It's beyond me to create an alternative culture. But I want to help. What I'd like to do is this: if you have a story/comic/game that you want reviewed publicly or even critiqued for private feedback- and it has traditional values values- I'll do it. I'll review on Amazon or anywhere you'd like, and I'll signal boost (do people still say that?) it to other people. Keep in mind the review will be an honest one, my honest assessment, and not a guaranteed gushing piece, but I'll still do my best to get it out there to other like-minded people who can at least hear about it either way.

So, please contact me on twitter if you have something you want me to review @culturefall.

Nerds are used to being pariahs who build their own things. We all know what that was like. It's hard watching things we enjoyed get turned to garbage, but in the end it's just fiction. More can always be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment